Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Interesting the second time around

31. Into the Storm, Suzanne Brockmann

There are some books I've read so many times that I know the words on the next page before I flip it. This isn't one of them. I read this when it came out like three, four years ago and haven't again. Which is great, and interesting when I go back and read it.

Like for example, for two or three or four books ms. suz wants you to think she's going to put a certain two characters together. Like they're sam and alyssa and all they're doing is suffering before they get their happy ending (not in a dirty way, get your mind out of the gutter! lol) but we later (in one of her most recent ones) realize this is not the case. It adds a new interesting awareness to the reading, so that I can now read it differently and know what is actually important to pay attention to. Brilliant, suzanne, brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment