Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas break, reading is essential

37. Shadow Music, Julie Garwood.

I started reading Castles before break, but it just wasn't holding my attention. I love Ms. Garwood, really, but sometimes her characters get repetitive. Then I went home, and we Labuskeses, we read. So I grabbed the nearest Garwood (a much chewed on copy of Shadow Music, from back when Keelie was a neurotic mess that hid under the bed -- oh waittt) and dived in. Classic Garwood. Set in Scotland. Fast-paced and cute. My only complaint is she's a little in love with the, not back story and not quite secondary characters, just I guess what's going on with everyone else in the book. For example, the hero and heroine don't even meet until 150 pages in. What the what?! lol.

This was her newest historical fiction (she came out with a contemporary one that was HORRIBLE I couldn't even finish it it was so bad -- she should stick with what she does best) and I've only read it once before, so I didn't remember some of it which is always fun :)

No new books for Xmas, but I did grab Ransom (JG) and Three Cups of Tea (which dane dane raves about) so maybe they're up next?

MERRY CHRISTMAS and happy readings! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment