Friday, June 12, 2009

And so it begins ...

"You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend." Paul Sweeny

Someone said to me recently that they would be interested in knowing how many books I read a year. (I read a lot, btw) So, I figured it would be a nice little experiment to keep track of it. And because blogs are just so hot right now -- and I wouldn't be in danger of loosing it (I also ... um ... misplace things a lot) I figured why not do it online.

So anyway, I am actually going to try to do this ... record what I read for the next 365 days ... well less now since I technically started June 1. I would like to try to read 40 books, but we'll see, that might be overly ambitious, since I have to do a lot of reading for work. Anyway, I read mostly romance/thrillers. I have 6-7 favorite authors and I tend not to deviate, also I reread like it's my job ... but I won't repeat any this year from when I start. (probably lol).

And so it begins ...

June 1.
While I won't update every day, I'll try to give a general sense of the time ... and I started keeping tack June 1.

1. I Thee Wed, Amanda Quick
So I love Amanda Qucik, so much. Her characters are so unique, and somehow she always manages to create a compelling relationship between her hero and heroine, an intriguing mystery and a glittering world of London society in the 1800s.

2. Mistress, Amanda Quick
(i'm in an amanda quick phase ... these are all going to be amanda quick, that's how i roll) Maybe one of my favorite books ever. I'm not sure why but everytime I read it, I enjoy it just as much -- if in a different way -- as the first time. It involves a blackmail plot and a mistress-in-name-only (at least for a little while ;p) and an Earl that's been burned by love. Even though it sounds silly, it really is such fun!

3. Reckless, Amanda Quick
4. Rendezvous, Amanda Quick
5. Ravished, Amanda Quick
6. The Third Circle, Amanda Quick
Her second to most recent one (the most recent one in paperback) and it was wonderful. She's expanded into the paranormal aspect (it seems to be very in right now to do so ...) but she does it in a way that is not jarring to those of us who are not really into that kind of thing. I'm not entirely sure I like the new era ... her others have always been set around the time around the war with Napolean ... London society before 1820 ... and this is set "late in the reign of Queen Victoria" ... there are interesting aspects, to be sure, I guess I just have to have a couple more to adjsut ... I love her older ones so much it's hard to give that up ... but I understand she needs to expand or she'll just become Nora Roberts lol.
7. Scandal, Amanda Quick
8. (I'm missing one, and I can't remember which ... I'll fill it in later)

I'm checking Second Sight and Wicked Widow out of the library, and I placed a hold on her most recent hardback ... but after those I'll probably move on. Janet Evanovich is releasing #15 in her plum series June 23, so I'll probably at least read Fearless Fourteen sometime soon.
Til next time ... happy reading

2 comments:

  1. You should read this: infinitesummer.org !! I am!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 40 books..phish... that will be a piece of cake for you.. mutti

    ReplyDelete