Tuesday, June 16, 2009

perfectly perfect : )

10. The Perfect Poison, Amanda Quick
AHHHHH I was so ridiculously excited yesterday (I think I actually startled/amused the librarian) because when I went to check out, they told me they had received the copy of miss. quick's latest hardback that I had ordered about a week ago. I literarly clapped, I was so stoked! So I immediately scrapped my other plans for the day -- I think they involved me being somewhat productive and psh, who wants that? -- and read it straight through : ) And it was so wonderful! I love every one of her books; her characters fit somewhat of the same mold (I mean I've read ten of her novels in two weeks, I'm going to notice the similarities) but they never feel cookie cutter, like Nora's for example. There's just something unique in each one, and it's lovely. And of course it was an Arcane Society book, and oh how I do love my series. And the founding of Jones and Jones! I think after I turned the last page I had a smile on my face for like ten minutes ... I love it. Anyway taking a day off from reading and actually being productive ... I assembled my desk all by my lonesome! and it's still standing (along with a particularly large bookcase I put together on Saturday! I may actually have some handyman skills ... lol)
But Wicked Widow is officialy next on the list and I think my last Quick book, at least for a little ... I checked out B. Joyce's first in her Deadly Series ... and for some reason I don't think I've ever read it, so whoo hoo.

til next time, happy readings : )

2 comments:

  1. OK, so I know you love your romance novels, but if you're looking to stray a little bit. Or actually a lot, check out "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen. There's some romance and it's a really interesting read. Glad you're settling into your new place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha I hadn't even seen your comment, and I put you in my next blog post!!! haha we're on the same wave length! I feel like I'm definitely going to need more recommendations, because the library I have here is woefully lacking in romance novels :/ and I left a good portion of mine at home ... soooo I'll need to branch out!
    how's florida???!?!?!

    ReplyDelete