Monday, June 15, 2009

A little more quick

I remembered the 8th book, so I'll start there:

8. The River Knows, Amanda Quick
9. Second Sight, Amanda Quick
it had been a little while since I'd read S.S. and I'd only read it once so it was lovely rereading it ... there were parts I had forgotten and it was very much an enjoyable experience delving back into the world of the 1st book in her Arcane Society novels : ) in fact last night I was dreadfully tired (after a day trip to Ithaca -- it truly is gorgeous!) and I wanted to go to bed, but I was so into S.S. I just kept reading into the wee hours. I love when you read a book like that, you truly don't want to put it down. And I love/hate finishing a book like that, because it is so happy (please I only read books with happy endings ... do you know me at all lol) and sad because it's like you've just finished a life and it's time to move on ... my original quote at the begining of the blog is really how I feel when I finish a book I love ... it's like saying goodbye to a friend

Anyway please feel free (as Tim so wonderfully did!) to recommend books ... though forewarning, I am extremely picky ... I know what I like and like I tend to be stubborn about branching out ... why should I when I so love the books I read. But I'm sure I will at least take it into consideration : )

On to Wicked Widow Ibelieve, it may be my last Quick book ... I'm feeling a yearning to read Brenda Joyce's Deadly series for some reason ... but alas I left them at home ... doesn't it always happen that way?!?! perhaps I'll be able to hunt them down here (at the library), otherwise I think Evanovich awaits (so excited for #15 on June 23!)

'til next time, happy readings

No comments:

Post a Comment