Friday, June 19, 2009

so i lied a little

lol well not really, it's just that I fell out of the mood for reading the Deadly Series ... maybe next time I go home, I'll pick them all up and do a Deadly marathon (the library only had two of the books, and my favorites are like the last coulple, when Calder makes the scene ... soooo) anyway ... I did finish Wicked Widow, so I'll go from there.

11. Wicked Widow, Amanda Quick
I had a little more trouble getting started with this one ... probably because I finally have cable and SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE (maybe my most favorite show ever in the entire history of the world ever) was on. (Ohhhh it was soooo good ... unfortunately one of the best dancers seems a little ... annoying, but we'll see I'm sure it will be a fantastic season!)
Anyway it took about 70 pages-ish, but then it grabbed ahold and pulled me in like always : ) and it was wonderful and fun and easy and romantic, and those are the best kind of books sometimes aren't they? Anyway I had resolved to stop my quick obsession (and I am going to!) but at the end, I started thinking of the others of hers that I haven't read since I started the quick marathon ... including my second favorite of hers! but oh well ... I think it is time to move on. I'm going to check out Evanovich's #14 (i've all ready placed a hold on #15 YAYYY) and then go from there! I know Katie just read Water for Elephants and recommends it -- i believe -- maybe I'll try it eventually, I know mom read that a while back and thought it was decent ... who knows, you know me I really don't deviate from my genre much.

anyway, til next time, happy readings : )

1 comment:

  1. So I'm looking through my list of books read and here's some suggestions for ones I really liked that at least had some love plotlines in them (not quite the romance novels you like though)

    - A Rather Lovely Inheritance by C.A. Belmond
    - Love Walked In by Maria De Los Santos
    - Enchantment by Orson Scott Card (I really enjoyed this one, but you probably also have to be a fan of fantasy to enjoy it)

    Just a few suggestions for you! :) Happy reading! (Maybe I'll check out Amanda Quick sometime!)

    ReplyDelete