Thursday, July 2, 2009

soooo it's been a while ...

12. What Happens in London, Julia Quinn

Julia is a little bit more cutesy than I normally lean toward, but I still like her. She writes things in parentheses, for example ... it’s very bouncy writing. But I have read at least 80 percent of her novels (I think she has around 20?) She’s not my favorite author, but she is an enjoyable read.

I liked the heroine in this one, but she didn’t like to read (well other than the newspaper – which I can’t really argue with I suppose) but she doesn’t like novels! (gasp!)

Oh well, I thoroughly enjoyed it, and realized I don’t care about expanding my reading repertoire ... I love romances. And just FYI; I don’t read Harlequin or any such nonsense, I don’t love the ones that give romances a bad reputation – the books I choose are well-written, clever, engaging novels, with developed characters and quick plots. I probably know more about the early 19th century in England than a good percentage of people; and they give me pleasure – which is what reading is all about :)

also I started Evanovich's #11, but not so much and I don't know why ... I got like thirty pages in, and just wasn't feeling it, which is why it's been a while ... I didn't want to abandon it, but it wasn't really pulling me along either ... still can't wait for her new one though! whoo

til next time, happy readings :)

No comments:

Post a Comment